Antipasto salad is a Mediterranean-inspired favourite filled with recent and brined elements!
Marinated veggies and olives, recent mozzarella cheese, and your alternative of Italian meats are drizzled with a tangy French dressing and served over a mattress of lettuce!
This antipasto salad recipe is just not solely a showstopper to have a look at, nevertheless it’s jam-packed with taste.
What’s Antipasto Salad?
- Antipasto is the primary course of an Italian meal and often consists of meats, cheeses, and different numerous bites served charcuterie board model.
- On this recipe, a typical antipasto plate has been become a salad for a mild summer time entrée or as a filling lunch.
- Antipasto salad is a low-carb and low-calorie lovers’ dream; it’s scrumptious and chock stuffed with wholesome elements!
- All of your favourite pizza toppings come collectively in a single fast and straightforward salad.
- Add any additional veggies that you’ve got in your fridge!
Components for Antipasto Salad
Romaine Lettuce: It is a hearty lettuce that pairs properly with the opposite elements. Add a bag of pre-shredded coleslaw, for added vitamins and crunch.
Veggies & Cheese: Select marinated artichoke hearts, inexperienced & kalamata olives, tomatoes, and recent mozzarella pearls or bocconcini. Crimson onions, recent basil, and parsley not solely add a taste enhance but in addition make stunning garnishes!
Meat: Genoa salami, prosciutto, and pepperoni present a salty steadiness. Attempt an Italian charcuterie combined package deal from the grocery for selection in only one package deal.
Dressing: Selfmade Italian dressing is our prime decide as an antipasto salad dressing, however select your favourite bottled French dressing in place. Alternatively, a easy mix of extra-virgin olive oil, pink wine vinegar, and recent lemon juice is scrumptious.
Variations & Substitutions
- Veggies: Roasted pink peppers add a candy and smoky taste.
- Provolone Cheese: Substitute diced provolone for mozzarella.
- Additional Artichokes: For individuals who love the tang of artichokes, don’t hesitate so as to add extra.
- Pepperoncini: If you happen to’re a fan of warmth, pepperoncini peppers will present simply the correct amount.
- Extra Olives: For olive lovers, add additional kalamata or inexperienced olives, or attempt stuffed olives.
Easy methods to Make Antipasto Salad
It’s delish and really easy to place collectively:
- Prepare washed romaine lettuce (or different greens) on a platter or in a big bowl. Drizzle with dressing.
- High with the remaining salad elements.
- Garnish with cracked black pepper & a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, if desired. Drizzle with olive oil or further dressing if desired.
Storing Leftover Salad
- If planning for leftovers, add the dressing to every serving as a substitute of dressing the entire salad. Dressed salad could wilt if left within the fridge.
- Leftover marinated greens and cheese may be made into an antipasto pasta salad utilizing rotini, penne, or elbow macaroni.
Did you make this Antipasto Salad? Go away us a ranking and a remark beneath!
A fast and straightforward salad with all of the flavors of everybody’s favourite Italian-inspired appetizer.
If making selfmade dressing, put together the dressing and refrigerate to permit flavors to mix.
Wash and dry the greens and tear into bite-sized items. Prepare on a big platter or in a bowl and drizzle with a number of the dressing (just a few tablespoons).
Gently prime the salad with remaining elements and drizzle with further dressing to style.
Serve with recent herbs and grilled bread if desired.
- ½ cup vegetable oil (or use half olive oil, half vegetable oil)
- 3 tablespoons pink wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon every Dijon mustard and honey
- ½ teaspoon every Italian seasoning, oregano, and garlic powder
- salt and pepper to style
If planning for leftovers, drizzle the dressing on particular person servings as a substitute of over the entire salad.
You should use any combination of Italian meats. Most grocery shops promote a package deal of combined cured meats for selection!
Use both recent bocconcini or recent mozzarella that has been diced. Marinated mozzarella is nice on this recipe too.
Energy: 482 | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 21g | Fats: 32g | Saturated Fats: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3g | Monounsaturated Fats: 11g | Ldl cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 4844mg | Potassium: 681mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 7348IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 168mg | Iron: 3mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.